Solar Portfolios team accumulates more than 30 Solar M&A and Financing transactions in Europe. In 2017 alone, we have advised on solar transactions worth more than 65 Million Euros across Spain and Italy. Furthermore, our pipeline of solar equity transactions is projected at more than 1 Billion Euros and cover more than 10 International PV Markets.
As the global solar market further develops from today's 300GW into 1TW of global power by 2030, Solar Portfolios works to position itself as a leading financial and commercial service provider. The transition from subsidized to grid parity solar PV is bringing as many opportunities as challenges to investors, developers, banks and advisors.
Services to Investors (Buy-side)
Many international investors appreciate the distinct advantage to work with Solar Portfolios on their side.
These are some of the specialized Buy-side services we can provide:
- Global origination capacity: thanks to our global networks of partners, clients and referrals we are able to keep a constant and select flow of solar investment opportunities.
- Financial modelling: we can provide you with a preliminary business model of the opportunity based on GreenMatch (web-based software) or on Excel.
- Negotiation off the model: providing optimization ideas that can be used during the commercial negotiation of the transaction.
- Process coordination: we can help select, engage and coordinate with other advisors during the transaction.
Services to Developers/EPCs (Sell-side)
Most of our developer and EPC clients operate in one of these two markets: (i) emerging countries and regions like Latin America or Africa and (ii) new grid parity projects to be built in established markets like Spain.
These are some of the specialized Sell-side services we can provide:
- Business Model valuation on GreenMatch and listing on Solar Porfolios Marketplace.
- Organization of a competitive sale process: helping our client to select the best offer based on economics and the investor profile.
- Strategic sale advisory: to optimize the value of the asset or portfolio. This can usually refer to cost saving measures (O&M cost, insurance premiums, etc).